Bitter Gourd and Potato Vegetable
3 pieces Bitter Gourd
1 medium sized Potato
1 tbs Olive oil
½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
½ teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Coriander-Cumin powder
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Cut the Bitter Gourd into thin round slices and remove the seeds [you can keep the peel on or remove according to your preference]
2. Peel and cut the Potato into small pieces.
3. In a pan, add in the Olive oil, Mustard seeds and heat until the seeds pop.
4. Put in the potato pieces and cook for 5 minutes until slightly cooked.
5. Put in the bitter gourd and cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Add in all the spices – Turmeric powder, Red Chili powder, Salt, Coriander-Cumin powder, stir until both the potato and Bitter Gourd are cooked.
7. Garnish with Lemon juice and serve hot.