Bottle Gourd and Peas Vegetable
1 medium Bottle Gourd
½ cup Green Peas
1.5 teaspoons Ghee
1 cup hot water
1 dry Red Chili
1 Bay leaf
½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
½ teaspoon ground Indian green Chili
½ teaspoon ground fresh Ginger
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Coriander-Cumin powder
Salt to taste
1. Peel and cut the bottle gourd into small pieces (remove the middle seed/white portion if you prefer)
2. In a pot, add in the Ghee, Mustard seeds, dry Red chili and Bay leaf. When the Mustard seeds pop, add in the Cumin seeds.
3. Once the Cumin seeds crackle, add in the bottle gourd pieces, salt, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in the green peas and stir.
4. Cook for 2 minutes before putting in the Ginger, Green chili, Turmeric powder, Coriander-Cumin powder, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Pour in the warm water and cook for 5-10 minutes until the Bottle Gourd is tender. Serve hot.
#Ayurvedicwelllness #ayurveda #Ayurvedicnutrition #bottlegourd