White/Daikon Radish Vegetable
½ White/Daikon Radish
2 Indian green Chilies
1 tablespoon Olive oil
¼ teaspoon Mustard seeds
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
½ teaspoon Coriander-Cumin powder
Salt to taste
1. Grate the White/Daikon Radish in a bowl. Add in a bit of salt, mix, and keep aside for 30 minutes.
2. Split the green Chilies into halves.
3. In a saucepan, pour in the oil, and add in the Mustard seeds, and the split green Chilies.
4. Once the Mustard seeds pop, squeeze the radish gently, and put into the saucepan. Ensure that the flame is low-medium.
5. Put in the Turmeric powder, Coriander-Cumin powder, and a bit of salt (taste and then add the salt as it will retain some saltiness that was added prior to setting the Radish aside. Mix well and cook for 2-5 minutes. Do not overcook and allow the Radish to become too soft. You want it to be slightly crunch.
6. Serve hot.
Note: This is a low-card, high fiber vegetable. Cooking it in a manner to retain some crunchiness allows us to retain the minerals and vitamins.