Tomato-Onion Chickpea Pancake
1 Indian green Chili
1 teaspoon Olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup Chickpea flour
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon Red Chili powder (optional)
1/3 teaspoon Garam Masala powder
Salt to taste
1. Cut the Onion Tomato, and green Chili in small pieces.
2. In a bowl, put in the Chickpea flour, add in the spices and mix.
3. Pour in the water slowly and make a semi-thick batter.
4. Add in the chopped Tomato, Onion and green Chili and mix (Add in more water only if needed. The batter should not become thin or watery)
5. Take a Griddle pan and put on low to medium heat on the gas.
6. Pour the chickpea flour batter and make into a pancake shape,
7. Drizzle the oil (as needed) around the pancake and on top and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Once the bottom is cooked enough to be able to lift off the pan, turn over and cook for about 5 minutes.
9 Serve hot with Green Chutney or pickle (based on your preference).